Which is bigger a fraction or a decimal science.answers.com
There are different words that can be used to compare real numbers: bigger, smaller, greater, lesser. Bigger and greater do NOT mean the same thing!... Remember, when comparing fractions with like numerators, the fraction with the smaller denominator is the larger fraction. Let's look at some more examples of comparing fractions with like numerators.
LCM Which Fraction is Bigger? Yahoo Answers
You can convert the fraction into a decimal number and compare the values to see which is greater. Ex: 2/3 and 2/5 2/3 = 0.66667 2/5 = 0.4 So obviously 2/3 is great … er than 2/5 Answered... So to find a smaller fraction, we simply increase the denominator, which represents cutting the pie into more, smaller, pieces. If the starting fraction is 2/3, then all of these are smaller fractions: 2/4, 2/19, 2/516 — because we have the same number of pieces, but the pieces are each smaller than the ones we had when we cut the pie in thirds.
How do you find bigger fractions science.answers.com
Watch video · Common denominators Comparing fractions with unlike denominators Video transcript Use less than, greater than, or equal to compare the two fractions 21/28, or …... 5 is the largest fraction, because it has the largest whole number part (5). 4 and 4 have both the same whole number parts (4), so we have to compare fraction parts. > (see example2 ), so 4 > 4 .
How to Simplify Improper Fractions Synonym
Once students understand the meaning of each part of a fraction, they will find it easy to write an improper fraction as a proper fraction. The denominator tells how many equal parts are in one whole unit. If a fraction represents more than one unit, the numerator will be greater than the denominator. Dividing out all of the whole units will give you the whole-number part of the number with... Once students understand the meaning of each part of a fraction, they will find it easy to write an improper fraction as a proper fraction. The denominator tells how many equal parts are in one whole unit. If a fraction represents more than one unit, the numerator will be greater than the denominator. Dividing out all of the whole units will give you the whole-number part of the number with
How To Find Which Fraction Is Bigger
Fraction Comparison Calculator
- How do you find out which fraction is larger Answers.com
- How do you find out what fraction is greater?
- Comparing Decimals AAA Math
- Which is bigger a fraction or a decimal science.answers.com
How To Find Which Fraction Is Bigger
In the last example, 5/4 is an improper fractions, meaning that its numerator is greater than the denominators which, in turn, implies that the fraction exceeds 1. On the other hand, 5/6 is …
- When finding the greater fraction, first find the nearest common number between the two end numbers. Whatever number it takes to multiply the end to equivalency, then multiply the first. Whatever number it takes to multiply the end to equivalency, then multiply the first.
- Using approximation to find the greatest fraction is something that will require you to figure out which is the bigger approximation. Use approximation to find the greatest fraction with help from a high school math tutor in this free video clip.
- An improper fraction is a fraction in which the numerator, what is above the line, is bigger than the denominator. Simplify improper fractions with help from a high school math tutor in this free video clip.
- Compare Two Fractions Say you have two fractions, how can you tell which one is larger (or smaller)? If you type your two fractions into the boxes below, this selection will show you how to figure it out!
You can find us here:
- Australian Capital Territory: Lawson ACT, Anembo ACT, Lyneham ACT, Parkes ACT, Griffith ACT, ACT Australia 2664
- New South Wales: Fassifern NSW, Wentworth Point NSW, Castle Hill NSW, Botany NSW, Mt Tenandra NSW, NSW Australia 2035
- Northern Territory: Rosebery NT, Wagait Beach NT, Howard Springs NT, Bellamack NT, Roper Bar NT, Ilparpa NT, NT Australia 0868
- Queensland: Mill Park QLD, Kawana QLD, Happy Valley (Fraser Island) QLD, Imbil QLD, QLD Australia 4061
- South Australia: Elizabeth North SA, Mt George SA, Lowbank SA, Paskeville SA, Nene Valley SA, Mongolata SA, SA Australia 5053
- Tasmania: Loira TAS, South Launceston TAS, Bream Creek TAS, TAS Australia 7033
- Victoria: Ballarat East VIC, Alfredton VIC, Harrow VIC, Devenish VIC, Avoca VIC, VIC Australia 3009
- Western Australia: Palmdale WA, College Grove WA, Elleker WA, WA Australia 6042
- British Columbia: Chilliwack BC, Kelowna BC, Cache Creek BC, Langley BC, Castlegar BC, BC Canada, V8W 3W9
- Yukon: Gold Bottom YT, Carcross Cutoff YT, Whitefish Station YT, Aishihik YT, Whitestone Village YT, YT Canada, Y1A 5C3
- Alberta: Redwater AB, Hanna AB, Eckville AB, Youngstown AB, Daysland AB, Clyde AB, AB Canada, T5K 5J2
- Northwest Territories: Dettah NT, Whati NT, Yellowknife NT, Kakisa NT, NT Canada, X1A 6L4
- Saskatchewan: Valparaiso SK, Carmichael SK, Theodore SK, Torquay SK, Caronport SK, Brock SK, SK Canada, S4P 8C2
- Manitoba: Boissevain MB, Portage la Prairie MB, Lac du Bonnet MB, MB Canada, R3B 8P3
- Quebec: Princeville QC, L'Ile-Perrot QC, Lac-Saint-Joseph QC, Otterburn Park QC, Cap-Sante QC, QC Canada, H2Y 4W1
- New Brunswick: Lac Baker NB, Belledune NB, Fredericton NB, NB Canada, E3B 2H9
- Nova Scotia: Amherst NS, Berwick NS, Clark's Harbour NS, NS Canada, B3J 6S3
- Prince Edward Island: Grand Tracadie PE, Pleasant Grove PE, Mount Stewart PE, PE Canada, C1A 9N6
- Newfoundland and Labrador: Milltown-Head of Bay d'Espoir NL, Port Anson NL, Gillams NL, Reidville NL, NL Canada, A1B 8J5
- Ontario: Ashton ON, Perth ON, Cambridge, Waterloo Regional Municipality ON, Box Grove, Bisseltown ON, Pentland Corners ON, North Frontenac ON, ON Canada, M7A 3L9
- Nunavut: Gjoa Haven NU, Whale Cove NU, NU Canada, X0A 9H5
- England: Lincoln ENG, Carlton ENG, Doncaster ENG, Aldershot ENG, Crewe ENG, ENG United Kingdom W1U 8A2
- Northern Ireland: Craigavon (incl. Lurgan, Portadown) NIR, Craigavon (incl. Lurgan, Portadown) NIR, Belfast NIR, Derry (Londonderry) NIR, Belfast NIR, NIR United Kingdom BT2 2H1
- Scotland: Livingston SCO, Dundee SCO, Glasgow SCO, Dundee SCO, Paisley SCO, SCO United Kingdom EH10 4B4
- Wales: Barry WAL, Swansea WAL, Swansea WAL, Cardiff WAL, Cardiff WAL, WAL United Kingdom CF24 2D2